Tuesday 1 October 2013

Autumn

A few weekends back, my mum and I went to visit Sarah Raven's garden Perch Hill. It is a beautiful place, nestled in the Kent countryside, dreamlike and inspirational even for an amateur gardener.


I was half expecting it to be the wrong time to visit with flowers coming to the end of the season and greenery dieing down, but I couldn't have been more wrong.


It was still absolutely brimming full of flowers and colour and simply breathtaking.


The garden was full of many different Dahlias, and it was hard not to think of my dad almost a year after we lost him as these were his favourite flowers.


Autumn is such a beautiful time of year, I think possibly it was my favourite, but my memories are so strongly intertwined with this changing season now.










Sewing has always been a great balm for me, making me focus on the stitches and not my thoughts, but lately, my heart isn't in this quilt. I am determined to finish it though being such cherished fabrics. I had planned to have a break from sewing for a while but after but I think one more before Christmas for an old friend.


Then it's time to take a break, smell the roses, experience this Autumn and whatever it has planned for me next.


2 comments:

  1. What a stunning garden. Thank you so much for sharing it in all its' beauty.

    ReplyDelete