Friday, 26 March 2010

Sewing from Japanese books - part 4


Read part 1, part 2, and part 3 here.

I have finally finished the top I have been making from 'Sweet Style for Kids'. I'm really happy with the way it's turned out. The fabric is really pretty, quite soft, perfect for a summer dress.

The pattern turned out well too, it fits nicely, just the right amount of flare. It's intended to be worn as a tunic over jeans or leggings, and it will make a great summer dress if a few inches longer. I think this could be a staple of her summer wardrobe, maybe one in each colour as they don't take long to make.

The only bit I am disappointed with it my bias binding on the neck and arms, I hurried it and so it didn't turn out as well as it could. Also putting a french seam up the back made it difficult to sew the edges on the opening at the back. I'll zig-zag the seams next time when I get an overlocking machine foot. Also I might try different finishes on the arms and neck, maybe using a contrast colour to bind them on both sides.

2 comments:

  1. It's turned out lovely, I like the ribbon detail. I've got an overlocker foot on my wishlist too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. article from a very amazing, Good Job, Thank you for presenting a wide variety of information that is very interesting to see in this artikle


    wisata karimunjawa
    and toko furniture
    or toko mebel
    and toko tenun
    Up model baju tenun

    ReplyDelete