Thursday, 22 April 2010
Tie - top take one
I have finished my first draft of the tie-top from 'Les Couleurs Francaises'. It's a really simple top and as I wasn't doing any finishing on this rough version, it was really quick to sew up. I'm so glad I did this version as it's way too big, I need about an inch off at the sides and in the middle, you can see the neckline folding in the picture. I suspect I have made it one if not two sizes too big.
Looking at the pattern, going one size down should take off enough at the sides, I think it's safer to use the pattern than try and adjust this one which is too big all over.
I LOVE this top though. I wasn't sure if the neck line would be too high for me, and was prepared to lower it a bit, but the long scoop works really well and I like the gathers too at the bust. As I suspected it is a bit too short for me, I blogged about my size 26 back a while back and I'll be adding 2 or 3 inches to the length of this. Also I am loving the top in this duvet cover fabric, maybe i'll start a new trend, remember - you read about it here first.