Friday, 30 April 2010
Tie - top take two
Sitting here and flicking here between take one and take two, there doesn't look like much difference between the two. But this top is a much better fit, it's not too big at the sides and I have added roughly 5" to the length so there is absolutely no risk of me accidentally flashing my stomach, ever.
I ended up dropping 2 sizes, so this is a size "9" incase anyone else is using this book. Next time I make something from a new book I will take a bit more trouble to measure myself and compare it to the chart rather than ploughing straight in with the first size that takes my fancy.
One area where I will try and tweak the pattern is at the front, it has a bit too much fabric in the centre, if you look closely in the picture, you can see it's pinned. This might have something to do with the next line being unfinished as it will have bias binding on the final version. I think even with that it may bag too much, so I am going to take about 1cm off at the top and hope it turns out ok. I did this on my pattern cutting course dress to stop the scoop neck gaping and it worked out.
The plan is this weekend to make the top up and wear it, i'll let you know how it turns out.