Monday 28 March 2011

Vintage Patterns of Japan


This beautiful book arrived from Amazon today. It's called 'Vintage Patterns of Japan'.


I saw it in a book shop in town, but didn't buy it as it's pretty expensive, but immediately wished I had when I got home because it is a brilliant source book for patterns and colours.


There are beautiful candy colours and traditional patterns and designs.


I think they'd be great for screenprinting inspiration, or embroidery.


Or maybe, just some sketching.


I'd also like to do a bit of lino-cutting and these look perfect for that.


I don't actually have time to do any of these things at the moment, but once I have cloned myself, there'll be no problems, and I'll be crafting to my hearts content.


In the meantime, there is always time for biscuits.

2 comments:

  1. Oh looks lovely, full of inspiration.. Good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lino cutting is on my list of things I'd like to do too...but then I went to Hobbycraft and saw how expensive all the tools for it are and worried that I should try and contain myself to just one craft (that being sewing) so that my family can still afford to eat. The book looks wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete