Wednesday 1 December 2010

Fairground cushion


I quite often find myself choosing fabric for the shop because I want to make something with it, and this fairground fabric is a prime example. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for a giant cushion, I loved the retro feel of the design and the colour of the purple which isn't too sugary.


So last weekend, I finally got round to making the cushion which was fairly straight-forward. Due to the size of the cushion (it's 76cm x 76cm) I had to buy some continuous zip as normal ones don't come long enough and the longer ones are really expensive. I used about 2m of continuous zip before for the cushion for my daybed, and struggled for ages trying to get the slider onto the zip. I managed it in the end after much cursing. Again, with this cushion, I wasted a good 10 minutes trying to do it before consulting the oracle that is; You Tube.


So if you have ever tried to do this, then have a look at this video first which shows you how to put a slider on a zip in seconds. Love.the.internet.


The cushion is of course for my daughter, although it does make this chair way more comfy, I will leave it there as long as I can get away with it.

Don't let this scene of domestic bliss fool you, her little brother was screaming in the corner while I tried to take this photo (having been told off for standing on her hair) her teeth are probably gritted if you look closely, I know mine were.


5 comments:

  1. great cushion, wonderful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cushion, love the photo-tale, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric and beautiful cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! The fabric, the cushion and very very envious of your ercol chair... wish! Loux

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so pretty, what a great fabric for a pillow. love a good pillow. and that fur seat looks lucious!

    ReplyDelete