Thursday 28 January 2010

Pockets



This week at college we made pockets. It was great fun, just making them on their own, no worries about it looking right in the garment. We made a patch pocket (above) like the kind you would find on the back of a pair of trousers.

We also made a front hip pocket or jean pocket (my favourite), it turned out really nicely and I enjoyed adding the top stitching to the edge of the pocket.



And finally we made an inseam pocket, this one is harder to see so I have a picture from the front and back. But I can imagine it in the side seams of a tunic style top, you can reinforce the opening with ribbon or tape which can also add a nice detail.





My dress (that I will start making next week) has no pockets, though I like the idea of inseam pockets on the sides, I always need a pocket.

Why the mouse? I originally used my hands in the photos, but let's just say the winter has not been kind to my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment