Friday 11 January 2013

The planning


Perhaps my favourite part of a sewing project is in the planning. Pulling together different colours and patterns to make a collection of favourites. These are absolutely my colours, the ones I keep coming back to, the ones that make me happy. There are some old fabrics I have hung onto and new ones too.


I've had an idea swimming around in my head for a while now, and as it's a little more complicated than usual, I took the unusually organised step of trying to draw it out in one of my beloved Rhodia books. After a few goes I decided just to get stuck in and sew, hoping it will magically come to life before my eyes just as I imagined.


Life is busy at the moment; catching up on everything after the school holidays, so I find myself with half an hour here or there to sew. It's never quite enough. No sooner am I unpacking everything, then it's time to put it all away again.


But I have managed to make enough 2" squares to have a play around with shapes, satisfying some of my thirst for this quilt for now. All the time hampered by my new helpers who have an obsession with my tape measure, even trying to steal it from right in front of me, the nerve.


How I love them though, they have added a much need injection of joy into our lives. And look, they match my colour palette too, I can't help thinking that's not a coincidence.


8 comments:

  1. Love your cats - they are sooo gorgeous! Every home should have at least one cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pair of seriously adorable kitties! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous kitties can't wait to see this creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your helpers. Mine don't actually. help. they sit on the fabric as I attempt to cut pattern pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He descubierto tu blog y me enamorado inmediatamente. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Burmese kitties are gorgeous. I used to like with a breeder of Bengal and Burmese and I loved the personality of them. I ended up with a Bengal hooligan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problem with my cats, they seem to be drawn to my sewing, particularly when I am cutting out!

    ReplyDelete