Monday 18 July 2011

Under a stormy sky


It seems like this black cloud has anchored itself over Brighton at the moment. But after a weekend of spending a little too much time inside, on Sunday, we decided it was time to venture out.

With a end of year school reports and 5 metre swimming badges to celebrate, we headed to Scoop and Crumb, for hot dogs and ice cream. The basis of any balanced diet.


You almost don't have space for the ice cream after a hot dog, but in the tradition of having a stomach for main and another for pudding, we managed to squeeze in a sundae.


If you find yourself in Brighton, it's a great place for kids or grown ups and it's right next to the beach and pier.


We walked off our considerable lunch through town, stopping to enjoy the South London Jazz Orchestra who happened to be playing in the Pavillion Gardens. Our son was unable to stop himself dancing to the jazz. It was was of those moments you want to take a snap shot of and remember forever. Fortunately I had my camera, so I filmed it AND took a photo. I have a rubbish memory anyway.


I must have taken a hundred photos of Brighton Pavillion, but I still couldn't help myself from taking another, the silhouette is amazing against the sky.


Is there anything more dangerous than a young child with an umbrella? The only consolation was that pranging unsuspecting pedestrians took their minds off the long walk back.


We always stop off at the scrambling wall. As usual the kids were in their crocs, probably the least practical shoes ever for climbing in. How I wish I had invented crocs.


And wherever you are in Brighton, you will always find a massive seagull somewhere with it's beady eye on you. It's worth watching out for them, and if you are eating something or walking with a small dog or child, hang on tight.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pics - those sundaes look amazing. We had gulls flying over our house the other day - it was odd to hear them - we're about as far from the sea as you can get in the England.,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister lives in Brighton too and I always love to see pictures of it. Thanks for sharing your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked great fun - I am currently in the conservatory and cannot hear myself think as the rain is so loud!

    ReplyDelete