Monday 5 December 2011

Christmas book ideas


Just incase you were searching for ideas of what to buy the keen sewer in your life, I have collected together some lovely books from Amazon that I think would make magnificent presents.

A must buy is The Colette Sewing Handbook by Sarai Mitnick. In the book, Sarai (the creator of Colette Patterns) covers sewing techniques; planning and fitting; working with patterns, fabrics and linings; and, finishing techniques. It includes 5 beautiful projects with tissue paper patterns.


Oliver + S Little Things to Sew features 20 accessories and other small sewing projects to make for children from Oliver + S creator Liesl Gibson. I adore the Little Red Riding Hood cape and penguin backpack.


Pip Lincolne from the hugely popular blog Meet Me at Mike's has brought out a new book; Make Hey! while the sun shines. It is a mix of all different kinds of craft; sewing, knitting, crochet as well as recipes. It is beautiful to look at - yes I do judge a book by it's cover.


Perfect for someone who dreams of one day designing their own fabric, Kim Kight (from one of my favourite blogs; True Up) has written A Field Guide to Fabric Design. The book covers design and colour basics to creating repeat patterns, screen-printing tips, and eventually selling your own designs.


Print and Pattern 2 is full of heavenly prints and patterns (as you might expect) a perfect gift for those who like me follow the Print and Pattern blog. I am expecting this book for Christmas!



Any finally, this glorious book Decorate co-written by Decor8 blogger Holly Becker. I think this book might just find it's way onto my Christmas list too.

Hope you found these helpful, next up some present ideas from M is for make!

No comments:

Post a Comment